Archive for the ‘Tools’ Category
ZeroShell is a Linux distribution (the product is free) offerinf a comprehensive set of network services. The product is available in particular in the form of an appliance.
SERVICES: Here is a list of services
- Router with static and dynamic routes (RIPv2)
- Firewall with packet filtering and SPI
- TCP / UDP with PAT for creating virtual servers
- Multizone DNS server
- Multi DHCP server subnet
- RADIUS server
- Deployment time of an appliance: a few minutes
- RAM used: 256 MB at most
- Ease of setup: via a web GUI integrated
- Configuration: a file stored outside the appliance
The storage of the configuration at outside the appliance allows you to find out the same services after a reboot or recover very quickly a new appliance with same functionalities.
A full document available on the site describes all the steps to deploy Zeroshell on a hard drive.
The statement in the inventory of VMware is performed by declaring the administration console vSphere:
- An existing file pointing to 1GB file Zeroshell.vmdk 30 MB
- A memory of 128 MB
The main stages of deployment include:
- Download Image Compact Flash
- Image storage on a USB stick
- Creation of the partition in linux command line
- Mounting USB memory on the VM
- Decompression of the image on the Linux partition created.
To perform the steps, boot from the live cd. Zeroshell is started in seconds. Start themenu prompt with ’S':